What is the Sensory Matrix™?
- Sensory Matrix™ is an online questionnaire, measuring your sensory processing style
- It provides a customised report with sensory threshold results, insights and simple strategies for easy implementation
- Developed by Dr Annemarie Lombard, who holds a PhD in Occupational therapy (Health Sciences)
How does it work?
- Get a secure username and password to complete the profile online
- Complete the 120 questions, it takes 15-20 minutes
- You get a customised 25 page report with results, insights and strategies
How do you benefit?
- Learn new things about yourself
- Identify your triggers and distractions in the environment
- Learn how to self-regulate to beat stress
- Be more focused, energised and productive
- Boost health and well-being
The Sensory Matrix™ report
- Your report will consist of the following:
- An introduction to Sensory Intelligence
- Your results for all the 7 senses
- Do you have low, medium, high or fluctuating thresholds?
- The Sensory tree – are you a root, trunk or leaf?
- Sensory strategies for each sensory system
- Sensory strategies for home
- Sensory strategies for work
The Sensory Tree™
- Our sensory tree analogy is easy, simple and fun to understand
- Are you a root, trunk or leaf?
- Roots are sensory avoiders
- Trunks are sensory neutrals
- Leaves are sensory seekers
- Do we need less or more stimuli?
- Understand relationships and diversity with the tree positions
- Self-awareness is the first step in knowing how you respond to your environment
- Are you aware of the label at the back of your shirt?
- Do you hate standing in a full lift?
- Do you like to have your hair cut?
- Do you prefer to go to the gym or running on your own?
- How often do you need “time out”?
- Are you energised by people?
- All our strategies use a bottom-up approach
- We promote sensory-based actions to calm and organise the body and brain
- All strategies will be customised based on your unique results
- Sensory snacks – quick, easy tools to calm and organise yourself
- Sensory diets – what activities are best for you?
- Sensory ergonomics – adapting the environment to reduce overload
Sensory strategies for home
- Home is where your heart is. So take care of both!
- Should you live in a high-rise in the centre of town, or a quiet cul-de-sac?
- How does your sensory style influence your parenting style?
- Do you need quiet time to get away from the rush?
- Do you prefer an outdoor camping trip or New York as a holiday destination?
- Do you prefer a strong curry or a lamb stew?
Sensory strategies for work
- How to work smarter and be more productive.
- Do you take lunch away from your desk?
- Can you perform optimally in an open plan office?
- Does it matter where you sit in the office?
- How does commuting to work affect you?
- Do you prefer structure at work?
- Or do you like flexibility?
- Are you easily bothered by noise in your office?