We take our customers privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below. We shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013.
Personal Information Collected
Subject to our Disclosure of Personal Information term set out below
Sensory Intelligence does not sell, share or trade customer’s personal information collected online with third parties. Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our business for internal use only.
Collection of Personal Information
When you create an account the personal information we collect may include your:
- Name and Surname
- Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Non-personal browsing habits and click patterns
The personal information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
- To deliver the products you have purchased from Sensory Intelligence
- To update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes
- To provide you with relevant product information
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- in aggregate and de-identified form, for internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing our strategic and marketing plans;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, when you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- to respond to any queries you make; and
- to notify you about changes to our services.
We may use information provided by you
- to enforce our online contract, monitor user activity such as keyword searches or new postings, and more effectively manage traffic on our Website;
- to provide customer services and create and manage user accounts; and
- to assist you with technical difficulties.
When you register as a user on our website, we may also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials from time to time. You can unsubscribe from marketing information at anytime by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
We use a third-party credit-card-processing company for purchases, and other third-party companies to monitor website traffic, which may, in some instances, store your information (including the Personal Information you submit to such third parties).
By using this website or the services, you consent to our collection, storage and use of the Personal Information you provide for any of the services that we offer and you consent to our collection of any changes or updates that you may provide to any information you provided that has been collected by us.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
How to change your cookie settings
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Disable Cookies in Chrome
- Disable Cookies in Firefox
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
- Disable Cookies in Safari
Updating Your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on our website.
Security of Your Personal Information
Sensory Intelligence ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
Sensory Intelligence uses 128bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to our Website. Transmission of your information to our Website is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
When you have chosen or been given a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from our website.
In exceptional circumstances Sensory Intelligence may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
We are committed to complying with the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 and the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 and its principles.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Sensory Intelligence or if you wish to access, remove, review and or make changes to Personal Information that you provided us with, please contact us at [email protected]sensoryintelligence.com and we will resolve the issue.
Website Data Retention
- Data Retention of Customers and Orders 1 year
- Data Retention of Contact Forms 1 year
- Data Retention of Quiz’s 1 year
How to download data or request deletion
Contact our Data Protection Officer via the form below.
Cookies Collected Continued